Step On™ Snowboarding’s next evolution is back in stock 11/2. Learn More
W48 is our Product Service Program: We'll have your claim processed and on its way back to you within 2 business days of receiving it.* That's the best warranty program in the industry and it's all part of Burton's commitment to get you back on the mountain as quickly as possible. * Note that some repairs can take longer than 48 hours to complete. In these cases, we will notify you before we begin the work.
Evaluate the validity of the claim.
- Was the product purchased in the last 12 months?
- Was the product purchased from an authorized dealer?
- Does the damage appear to be attributable to defective materials or workmanship?
- Does the damage appear to be due to impact, abuse, negligence, or reactions to heat, solvents, or harsh detergents?
- For specific instructions regarding different products, please consult the Product-by-Product Guidelines.
Bring the product to the store where it was purchased OR Call for a Return Authorization (RA) Number.
- Consumers call 1-800-881-3138.
- Tell us WHAT you are sending back-describe the product.
- Tell us WHY you are sending it back-describe the problem.
- Record the RA# and details for future reference.
Pack and ship the product immediately!
- Include a copy of the original proof of purchase (receipt).
- Include a brief description of the problem and the RA#.
- Mark the defect clearly with a piece of masking tape.
- Print the RA# clearly on the outside of the box.
Ship the claim to:
Burton Snowboards Product Service
Attention: Warranty RA#______________
152 Industrial Parkway
Burlington, VT 05401
- If you live in Europe:
Drop in to your local Burton Authorized Dealer with your claim. Include a copy of the original proof of purchase (receipt).
The shop will validate the claim and call us direct to arrange a Returns Authorization number.
They will handle your claim for you.
Customers are responsible for shipping charges to Burton. Overnight and 2-Day shipments to Burton will be returned in the same manner at our expense. W48 GOES INTO EFFECT WHEN WE RECEIVE THE PRODUCT (What is W48? This means the product will be on its way back to you in 2 business days.) Within 48 hours of receipt of product, the claim will be handled in one of the following ways:
- If the returned product is within the valid warranty period of one year and judged by Burton to be defective, we will repair or replace the product. The warranty remains valid on repaired and replaced items for the balance of one year from the original purchase date.
- If the problem is not covered under warranty nor repairable, the product will be returned as is.
- Don't ship us peanuts. Think Green, they're bad for the environment.
- We recommend using Fed-Ex or UPS and that you insure your package.
- Hold on to your RA. If you have any questions about your claim, call Rider Service and give them you RA number and we'll be happy to update you on the status of your claim.
- Street addresses are required. We cannot return ship to a PO Box.
- If you bought your product on ebay, it doesn't have any warranty.
Burton Snowboards warrants all products sold by Burton to be free of defects in material or workmanship for a period of one (1) year from the date of purchase unless otherwise specified on the product. A “lifetime” warranty means the lifetime of the original owner. If a product is found to be defective by Burton, in its sole discretion, Burton's only responsibility shall be limited to repair or replacement of the defective product. Burton will not be responsible for any costs, losses or damages incurred as a result of loss or use of product.
This warranty is subject to the following limitations in addition to any imposed by virtue of applicable law.
- The warranty applies only to Burton products purchased from Authorized Burton Snowboard Dealers and is valid for the original purchaser only.
- All products returned to Burton for warranty inspection must receive prior return authorization which can be given over the phone. Ship products freight prepaid and insured. Burton assumes no responsibility for products during shipment from the customer to our Warranty Department. Shipping charges are not refundable.
- Excluded from coverage under this warranty are the following:
- Damage caused by misuse, abuse or neglect.
- Damage caused by improper mounting or adjustment of the bindings.
- Damage caused from chairlift breakage.
- Normal wear and tear.
- Damage caused by anything other than defects in material or workmanship.
- Damage caused by use of solvents, adhesives or LOC-TITE®.
- Damage caused by use on non-Burton hardware for mounting bindings.
- Damage to Burton products caused by non-Burton products.
- Any and all claims for consequential or incidental damages
- All coverage under this warranty is void if any modification, change or alteration has been made to the product that is not specifically authorized in writing by Burton.
- Repaired or replaced products are covered for the remainder of the original warranty only.
- Repaired items will be subject to available parts. We will do our best to match colors and styles but we cannot guarantee that you will receive the exact product back.
- All warranty claims must be accompanied by the original purchase receipt from an Authorized Burton Dealer. Invoice or charge receipt must clearly identify the dealer.
- Burton product is not covered by any verbal warranties. ROCK DAMAGE AND ANY OTHER IMPACT RELATED DAMAGE IS NOT COVERED UNDER THIS WARRANTY. ALL WARRANTIES IMPLIED BY STATE LAW, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ARE HEREBY LIMITED TO THE DURATION OF THE WRITTEN WARRANTY. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON HOW LONG AN IMPLIED WARRANTY LASTS, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. WITH THE EXCEPTION OF ANY WARRANTIES IMPLIED BY STATE LAW AS HEREBY LIMITED, THE FOREGOING EXPRESS LIMITED WARRANTY IS EXCLUSIVE AND IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, GUARANTEES, AGREEMENTS AND SIMILAR OBLIGATIONS OF MANUFACTURER OR SELLER. THIS WARRANTY GIVES YOU SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS WHICH VARY FROM STATE TO STATE.
Lifetime Warranty on Bags
Burton will repair or replace any bag for the lifetime of the original owner (with proof of purchase) against manufacturer's defects. Return defective product to the store where you bought it or call Burton Rider Service at 1-800-881-3138. All warranty claims should be accompanied by an explanation and receipt. Damage due to normal wear and tear will be repaired at a reasonable charge.
Lifetime Warranty on Select Outerwear
Select Burton Outwear comes with a Lifetime Warranty. If you have purchased outerwear that has a Lifetime Warranty, Burton will repair or replace it for the lifetime of the original owner (with proof of purchase from an authorized dealer) against manufacturer's defects. Return defective product to the store where you bought it or call Burton Rider Service at 1-800-881-3138. All warranty claims should be accompanied by an explanation and receipt. Damage due to normal wear and tear will be repaired at a reasonable charge.
3-year Warranty on Boards Featuring The Channel
Burton will repair or replace any current season channel board purchased after 08/13/13 for 3 years from the original purchase date of the original owner (with proof of purchase) against manufacturer's defects. Return defective product to the store where you bought it or call Burton Rider Service at 1-800-881- 3138. All warranty claims should be accompanied by an explanation and receipt.
Watch Your Edges
Our snowboards are built with sharp metal edges that give us exceptional grip and edge hold on snow. When not strapped in, whether it be hiking the pipe or sitting on the lift, that same metal edge can do a number on fabrics. Jackets, pants, and even boots can be cut from a board edge if you’re not careful. Being aware of your edges at all times will make your gear last and perform the way it was designed.
Chairlift vs. Highback
Every now and then you may encounter a chairlift with a lower than normal loading area. Protect your highback by folding it down prior to getting on the chair and your bindings will thank you.
Often times when it seems a jacket or pair of pants has lost some of its water proofing, a simple wash can restore it. Refer to the washing instructions located inside each garment or call Rider Service at 800-881-3138 for further instructions.