Help & FAQs
Burton Snowboards warrants all products sold by Burton to be free of defects in material or workmanship for a period of one (1) year from the date of purchase unless otherwise specified on the product. A “lifetime” warranty means the lifetime of the original owner. If a product is found to be defective by Burton, in its sole discretion, Burton's only responsibility shall be limited to repair or replacement of the defective product. Burton will not be responsible for any costs, losses or damages incurred as a result of loss or use of product.
This warranty is subject to the following limitations in addition to any imposed by virtue of applicable law.
- The warranty applies only to Burton products purchased from Authorized Burton Snowboard Dealers and is valid for the original purchaser only.
- All products returned to Burton for warranty inspection must receive prior return authorization which can be given over the phone. Ship products freight prepaid and insured. Burton assumes no responsibility for products during shipment from the customer to our Warranty Department. Shipping charges are not refundable.
- Excluded from coverage under this warranty are the following:
- Damage caused by misuse, abuse or neglect.
- Damage caused by improper mounting or adjustment of the bindings.
- Damage caused from chairlift breakage.
- Normal wear and tear.
- Damage caused by anything other than defects in material or workmanship.
- Damage caused by use of solvents, adhesives or LOC-TITE®.
- Damage caused by use on non-Burton hardware for mounting bindings.
- Damage to Burton products caused by non-Burton products.
- Any and all claims for consequential or incidental damages
- All coverage under this warranty is void if any modification, change or alteration has been made to the product that is not specifically authorized in writing by Burton.
- Repaired or replaced products are covered for the remainder of the original warranty only.
- Repaired items will be subject to available parts. We will do our best to match colors and styles but we cannot guarantee that you will receive the exact product back.
- All warranty claims must be accompanied by the original purchase receipt from an Authorized Burton Dealer. Invoice or charge receipt must clearly identify the dealer.
- Burton product is not covered by any verbal warranties. ROCK DAMAGE AND ANY OTHER IMPACT RELATED DAMAGE IS NOT COVERED UNDER THIS WARRANTY. ALL WARRANTIES IMPLIED BY STATE LAW, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ARE HEREBY LIMITED TO THE DURATION OF THE WRITTEN WARRANTY. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON HOW LONG AN IMPLIED WARRANTY LASTS, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. WITH THE EXCEPTION OF ANY WARRANTIES IMPLIED BY STATE LAW AS HEREBY LIMITED, THE FOREGOING EXPRESS LIMITED WARRANTY IS EXCLUSIVE AND IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, GUARANTEES, AGREEMENTS AND SIMILAR OBLIGATIONS OF MANUFACTURER OR SELLER. THIS WARRANTY GIVES YOU SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS WHICH VARY FROM STATE TO STATE.
Lifetime Warranty on Bags
Burton will repair or replace any bag for the lifetime of the original owner (with proof of purchase) against manufacturer's defects. Return defective product to the store where you bought it or call Burton Rider Service at 1-800-881-3138. All warranty claims should be accompanied by an explanation and receipt. Damage due to normal wear and tear will be repaired at a reasonable charge.
Lifetime Warranty on Select Outerwear
Select Burton Outwear comes with a Lifetime Warranty. If you have purchased outerwear that has a Lifetime Warranty, Burton will repair or replace it for the lifetime of the original owner (with proof of purchase from an authorized dealer) against manufacturer's defects. Return defective product to the store where you bought it or call Burton Rider Service at 1-800-881-3138. All warranty claims should be accompanied by an explanation and receipt. Damage due to normal wear and tear will be repaired at a reasonable charge.
3-year Warranty on Boards Featuring The Channel
Burton will repair or replace any current season channel board purchased after 08/13/13 for 3 years from the original purchase date of the original owner (with proof of purchase) against manufacturer's defects. Return defective product to the store where you bought it or call Burton Rider Service at 1-800-881- 3138. All warranty claims should be accompanied by an explanation and receipt.
Watch Your Edges
Our snowboards are built with sharp metal edges that give us exceptional grip and edge hold on snow. When not strapped in, whether it be hiking the pipe or sitting on the lift, that same metal edge can do a number on fabrics. Jackets, pants, and even boots can be cut from a board edge if you’re not careful. Being aware of your edges at all times will make your gear last and perform the way it was designed.
Chairlift vs. Highback
Every now and then you may encounter a chairlift with a lower than normal loading area. Protect your highback by folding it down prior to getting on the chair and your bindings will thank you.
Often times when it seems a jacket or pair of pants has lost some of its water proofing, a simple wash can restore it. Refer to the washing instructions located inside each garment or call Rider Service at 800-881-3138 for further instructions.
Important Notice for All Step On Users
If you're thinking about, or have already purchased a pair of Step On boots and bindings, please read this important notice for all Step On users.
For assistance with warranty please contact us below and we would be happy to get you set up!
Australia: 61 2 9935 9000
NZ Freecall: 0800 22 44 68
Warranty and parts email: firstname.lastname@example.org