Help & FAQs
The Burton Corporation warrants all products sold by Burton to be free of defects in material or workmanship for a period of one (1) year from the date of purchase unless otherwise specified on the product.
Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensations for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods failed to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
The term "Lifetime Warranty" refers to the reasonable lifetime of the product. This does not mean your lifetime but rather the lifetime of the materials and components that go into the finished product. We do our best to select high quality materials and components that meet our quality standards, but even the best materials have a lifespan and will eventually degrade. We evaluate a product’s lifetime by its intended use and how much use it gets, and not by how old it is. If a product is found to be defective by Burton, in its sole discretion, Burton's only responsibility shall be limited to repair or replacement of the defective product. Burton will not be responsible for any costs, losses or damages incurred as a result of loss or use of product.
This warranty is subject to the following limitations in addition to any imposed by virtue of applicable law.
- This warranty applies only to Burton products purchased from authorized Burton dealers and is valid for the original purchaser only.
- All warranty claims, including lifetime warranties, must be accompanied by the original purchase receipt from an authorized Burton dealer. Invoice or charge receipt must clearly identify the dealer.
- All products returned to Burton for warranty inspection must receive prior return authorization which can be given over the phone or by email.
- Burton assumes no responsibility for products during shipment from the customer to our Warranty Department. Shipping charges are the responsibility of the consumer and are not refundable. Ship product(s) freight prepaid and insured to:
Burton Australia Pty Ltd,
6 Green Street,
Brookvale, 2100, NSW
Phone: +61 (0)2 9935 9000
- This warranty applies only to defects in material or workmanship. Excluded from coverage is:
- Normal wear and tear
- Claims for consequential or incidental damages, and costs, losses or damages incurred as a result of loss or use of product.
- All coverage under this warranty is void if any modification, change or alteration has been made to the product that is not specifically authorized in writing by Burton.
- Repaired or replaced products are covered for the remainder of the original warranty only.
- Repaired items will be subject to available parts. We will do our best to match colors and styles but we cannot guarantee that you will receive the exact product back.
- The benefits provided under this warranty are in addition to other rights or remedies that may be available under the law.
Will my item be repaired or replaced?
We’ve made it our mission to repair and extend the life of our products whenever possible. It’s better for the planet and in most cases, our products have a lot of life left in them! We evaluate every claim carefully and if we cannot repair an item and it’s covered under warranty, we will replace it with the same item or a similar item of equal value.
Lifetime Warranty on Bags
Burton will repair or replace any bag for the reasonable lifetime of the product (with proof of purchase from an authorized dealer) against manufacturer's defects. Return defective product to the store where you bought it or call Burton Rider Services on +61 (0)2 9935 9000. All warranty claims must be accompanied by an explanation and receipt. Damage due to normal wear and tear will be repaired at a reasonable charge.
Lifetime Warranty on Select Softgoods
Select Burton Softgoods come with a Lifetime Warranty. If you have purchased Softgoods that have a Lifetime Warranty, Burton will repair or replace it for the reasonable lifetime of the product (with proof of purchase from an authorized dealer) against manufacturer's defects. Return defective product to the store where you bought it or call/email Burton Rider Services on +61 (0)2 9935 9000 / Service@burton.com.au. All warranty claims must be accompanied by an explanation and receipt. Damage due to normal wear and tear will be repaired at a reasonable charge.
3-year Warranty on Boards Featuring The Channel
Burton will repair or replace any channel board purchased after the 13th of August 2013 for 3 years from the original purchase date of the original owner (with proof of purchase from an authorized dealer) against manufacturer's defects. Return defective product to the store where you bought it or call / email Burton Rider Services on +61 (0)2 9935 9000 / Service@burton.com.au. All warranty claims must be accompanied by an explanation and receipt.
Watch Your Edges
Our snowboards are built with sharp metal edges that give us exceptional grip and edge hold on snow. When not strapped in, whether it be hiking the pipe or sitting on the lift, that same metal edge can do a number on fabrics. Jackets, pants, and even boots can be cut from a board edge if you’re not careful. Being aware of your edges at all times will make your gear last and perform the way it was designed.
Does my item need to be clean before sending it in for repair?
Yes. For safety and sanitary reasons, we require all Outerwear and Clothing to be cleaned and dry prior to sending in to either our assessment warehouse or authorized repairers.
Chairlift vs. Highback
Every now and then you may encounter a chairlift with a lower than normal loading area. Protect your highback by folding it down prior to getting on the chair and your bindings will thank you.
Often times when it seems a jacket or pair of pants has lost some of its water proofing, a simple wash can restore it. Refer to the washing instructions located inside each garment or call/email Burton Rider Services on +61 (0)2 9935 9000 / Service@burton.com.au.
Important Notice for All Step On Users
If you're thinking about, or have already purchased a pair of Step On boots and bindings, please read this important notice for all Step On users.
For assistance with warranty please contact us below and we would be happy to get you set up!
Australia: +61 (0)2 9935 9000
NZ Freecall: 0800 22 44 68