02.03.13 / Top Riders Qualify to Compete At the Burton US Open Snowboarding Championships in Vail
Seven Springs, PA (February 3, 2013) – The Burton US Open Snowboarding Qualifiers presented by MINI concluded today after two amazing days of slopestyle and halfpipe competition at Seven Springs Mountain Resort in Pennsylvania. At the event, created in association with long-time partner U.S. Snowboarding, the ten best men and five women per discipline earned a piece of a $20,000 prize purse, and now advance to compete against some of the world’s biggest names in snowboarding at the 31st annual Burton US Open Snowboarding Championships presented by MINI in Vail, Colorado from February 25th – March 2nd, 2013.
While the snow fell, top men and women put down some big runs during the halfpipe competition earlier today. Along with the winners from yesterday’s slopestyle event, they will compete at the US Open in Vail alongside world-class confirmed riders, including Kelly Clark, Mark McMorris, Torah Bright, Jamie Anderson, Iouri Podladtchikov and more.
Men’s Halfpipe Results:
1. Taylor Gold USA BURTON 94.4
2. Ben Ferguson USA BURTON 92.2
3. Jake Pates USA OAKLEY 90.0
4. Kent Callister AUS LIB TECH 88.4
5. Joseph Mensch USA FLOW 87.2
6. Paul Brichta USA BURTON 83.4
7. Eiju Hirano JPN BURTON 82.8
8. Ikkou Anai JPN N/A 81.0
9. Alexander Kondo USA K2 80.2
10. Nicholas Baden USA BURTON 66.8
Women’s Halfpipe Results:
1. Summer Fenton USA BURTON 90.2
2. Kirby Kelly USA ROXY 83.8
3. Serena Shaw USA N/A 80.6
4. Kelly Marren USA OAKLEY 79.4
5. Madison Barrett USA N/A 73.0
Men’s Slopestyle Results:
1. Grant Giller USA SALOMON 91.4
2. Nikolas Baden USA BURTON 88.4
3. Seth Hill USA SIMS 87.6
4. Kent Callister AUS LIB / ANON 85.4
5. Brendan Hart USA N/A 80.4
6. Matts Kulisek CAN K2 78.4
7. Easton Gilman USA NITRO 77.6
8. Tyler Nicholson CAN QUICKSILVER 73.8
9. Brett Moody USA DC SHOE CO 73.6
10. Ian Thorley USA NEFF 70.2
Women’s Slopestyle Results:
1. Karly Shorr USA K2 89.4
2. Erika Vikander USA CAPIX 85.2
3. Danika Duffy USA BATALEON 74.8
4. Celia Miller USA O’NEILL 69.6
5. Jordie Karlinski USA ROXY 60.0
Guests at Seven Springs had no shortage of excitement during the US Open Qualifiers weekend. In addition to watching the competition, visitors attended the Burton Mountain Festival, which offered riders a full day of on-snow activities, including free Burton 2013 product demos, music and a travelling Riglet park designed for the smallest snowboarders. In the Sponsor Village, spectators took photos at MINI’s photobooth and played the Spin to Win game for a chance to win a Burton snowboard and other great prizes. And the W.O.R.D. On The Streets, a rail jam event held on Saturday, February 2nd at The Streets terrain park under the lights, showcased some incredible urban riding, product giveaways and live music.
A big thanks to MINI, Mountain Dew, Paul Mitchell, Seven Springs and U.S. Snowboarding for their support of the US Open Qualifiers.
For anyone who missed the live webcast, highlights of winning runs, full webcast replays and the Universal Sports Network broadcast schedule are available on: www.burton.com/USOQuals.