02.03.13 / Day One Results for the Burton US Open Snowboarding Qualifiers
Seven Springs, PA (February 2, 2013) –The Burton US Open Snowboarding Qualifiers, presented by MINI, got underway today at Seven Springs Mountain Resort in Pennsylvania. The event represents a new era in Burton’s longstanding history of pioneering some of the world’s best snowboard events, and includes slopestyle and halfpipe competitions. Top placing slopestyle riders earned a piece of the $20,000 prize purse and will advance on to the semi-finals at the 31st annual Burton US Open Snowboarding Championships in Vail, Colorado from February 25th – March 2nd, 2013.
Day one of the US Open Qualifiers had 68 men competing under bluebird conditions that turned snowstorm-like midway through the day on the slopestyle course. They battled it out through two heats to be one of the lucky ten to advance to the semi-finals against invited riders like Olympian Shaun White (USA), X-Games gold medalist Mark McMorris (CAN), Torstein Horgmo (NOR) and Seppe Smits (BEL).
Men’s Slopestyle Results:
1. Grant Giller USA SALOMON 91.4
2. Nikolas Baden USA BURTON 88.4
3. Seth Hill USA SIMS 87.6
4. Kent Callister AUS LIB / ANON 85.4
5. Brendan Hart USA N/A 80.4
6. Matts Kulisek CAN K2 78.4
7. Easton Gilman USA NITRO 77.6
8. Tyler Nicholson CAN QUICKSILVER 73.8
9. Brett Moody USA DC SHOE CO 73.6
10. Ian Thorley USA NEFF 70.2
Next it was the women’s turn with 27 riders aiming for five spots in the semi-finals. The ladies that made it today will compete against invited riders like X-Games champion Jamie Anderson (USA), Spencer O’Brien (CAN), Sarka Pancochova (CZE) and Enni Rukajärvi (FIN) during the semi-finals on February 27th in Vail.
Women’s Slopestyle Results:
1. Karly Shorr USA K2 89.4
2. Erika Vikander USA CAPIX 85.2
3. Danika Duffy USA BATALEON 74.8
4. Celia Miller USA O’NEILL 69.6
5. Jordie Karlinski USA ROXY 60.0
Tomorrow shifts to men’s and women’s halfpipe competition. The entire event goes LIVE on www.burton.com/USOQuals during the following times:
Sunday, February 3rd: 8:45 am – 12:45 pm (EST)