Attending High Fives
All events are free to the public to view. However, for certain events a lift pass may be needed for best viewing.
Carpooling is highly encouraged. Arrive early to secure a spot and to avoid traffic congestion.
Cardrona, host to the Burton High Fives, is nestled in the Cardrona Valley, in the heart of Southern Lakes region.
In addition to great riding, Wanaka is also home to some great restaurants and nightlife. Check out the restaurant and bar section of this guide for more info: Restaurant Directory
Check out the latest Cardrona Snow Report.
For lodging at Cardrona, click here.
For a wide range of accommodation around Wanaka click on the links below:
Houses for rent
Location: Located off the Cardrona Valley road which links Wanaka and Queenstown. Drive time from:
Wanaka 35 minutes (34km)
Arrowtown 45 minutes (37km)
Queenstown 60 minutes (58km)
Nearest airports to Cardrona
Queenstown – 60km / 50 minutes drive
Dunedin – 280km / 180 minutes drive
Christchurch – 420km / 300 minutes drive
Wanaka – 10km / 10 minutes (Mainland Air from Dunedin Only)
Shuttles from Wanaka, Queenstown and Cromwell
The following companies operate a daily service from Wanaka to Cardrona:
- Alpine Connexions Snow Shuttle +64 3 443 9120. Daily snow shuttles to & from Wanaka, private transfers from Queenstown airport to Cardrona apartments and Wanaka & multiple services from Queenstown Airport to Wanaka.
- Ridgeline Adventures exclusive private transfers from Wanaka or Queenstown – +64 27 602 4018 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Yello! 0800 443 5555 for both scheduled transport and private charters from Wanaka, and private charters from Queenstown airport to your accommodation at Cardrona and Wanaka.
The following companies operate a daily service from Queenstown to Cardrona:
- Kiwi Discovery +64 3 442 7340
- Info & Snow +64 3 442 9708
- Snow Shuttles +64 3 442 5262
- Snowchaser (Arrowtown) 0800 328 897
Connectabus operates services between Queenstown and Wanaka including Queenstown Airport. Pickup and Drop off at accommodation. 0800 405 066
For detailed maps and more information about getting to Cardrona, click here.