Burlington truly is the place to have it all. Situated on the shores of Lake Champlain, Burlington has emerged as one of the most livable and dynamic small cities in the country. Our 40,000 citizens enjoy urban convenience in the hub of a growing metropolitan region--all in a spectacular natural setting.
Whether you're strolling along the award-winning Church Street Marketplace or hiking a local trail, you'll find adventure in Burlington. As a cultural hub of New England, Burlington has thriving art and music scenes. Burlington also offers a wide array of restaurants and bars to choose from, not to mention classic events including the Penguin Plunge, Discover Jazz Festival, and the Vermont City Marathon. With wonderful surrounding communities, safe streets and great school systems, the greater Burlington area is also a perfect place to raise a family.
Oh, did you think we'd forget to mention the riding? Having more than a handful of world-class resorts within an hour's drive is a rider's paradise. Many Burton employees will snag freshies first thing in the morning before coming in to work during the winter. Living in Burlington, New England's best riding is right in your backyard. Spend a winter riding in Vermont and you'll understand.
All Burton employees are eligible for a generous benefits package that offers support to you and your family. In addition to the standard benefits Burton also offers many unique perks that make working here fun.
You may choose any combination of the medical, dental and vision benefits offered:
- Medical: CIGNA administers three medical plans: The PPO (OAP) provides the flexibility to go in or out of network, with a financial incentive offered if you stay in-network. The EPP Program (HMO) offers comprehensive health services and requires a referral from your PCP for non-preventative services. The HRA option is a network plan that combines a high deductible plan with an account funded by Burton that will help cover a percentage of the deductible. The dollars remaining in the fund may roll over for you to use in future years. All three plans include prescription drug coverage with a 3-Tier plan at participating pharmacies.
- Dental: Our Self-Insured Dental plan provides you with 50%-100% coverage for most preventative and standard dental services.
- Vision: Vision coverage is offered through VSP and covers eye exams and contact lenses or glasses reimbursement each year.
- Domestic Partner Coverage: Domestic partners are eligible for the same benefits and perks as a spouse.
- Employee Assistance Program: You may choose to use the EAP for confidential support services such as marital, legal consultation, substance abuse, personal, or work related stresses. This is a free benefit for all employees and family members.
Burton pays the full cost of your Short and Long Term Disability, Life Insurance and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance. In addition eligible employees may purchase supplemental Life, AD&D and Long Term Disability insurance.
Burton offers a number of Savings Options to encourage tax and retirement savings:
- Retirement Plan: Burton encourages you to save for your retirement. You can set aside a percentage of your salary on a pre-tax basis and if you participate in the 401(k) portion of the plan, Burton will match your 401(k) deferral amount. Your money is invested before taxes, so it lowers your taxable income.
- After Tax Savings Plan: You may choose to set aside money in the after tax component of the Plan. Your investments mirror the 401k plan but come out of your paycheck on an after tax basis.
- 125 Flexible Spending/Premium Plan: As allowed by the Internal Revenue code, you may elect to have your medical premium contributions taken out on a pretax basis. This will reduce the amounts being withheld by Federal, State and Social Security taxes. You may also elect to set money aside on a pretax basis to pay for foreseeable medical (HCRA) and/or dependent care (DCRA) expenses.
- Daycare Benefit: This benefit allows parents who participate in the Dependent Care Reimbursement Plan (DCRA) to receive a 100% match contribution by Burton (IRS dollar limits still apply).
- Financial Planning: Eligible employees may participate in free financial planning services through the Barnes Group at Morgan Stanley Smith Barney.
- Other insurance: Payroll deducted discounted home / auto insurance.
- Paid Time Off (PTO): All eligible employees accrue a certain number of days per year based on length of service. You start with 3 weeks and increase by 1 day each year.
- Holidays: Burton offers 8 ½ holidays each year. In addition to these standard holidays don’t forget our Company ride days!
Burton encourages employees to participate in good health and fitness habits. We will reimburse eligible employees for half of their monthly health club membership fees.
Reimbursement for approved work related college courses.
Perks and other fun stuff:
Enjoy our sports:
We want all of our employees to get out and ride, surf and/or skate. The choices below give you plenty of opportunity to participate in our sport(s):
- Product discount: You are entitled to a substantial discount to purchase Burton products. Discount is 50% to 60% for employees and immediate family (spouse/children). Or 40% to 50% discount for parents and siblings.
- Season pass: Employees are eligible for a free pass (or equivalent value to the mountain of their choice). Immediate family (spouse, children) are eligible to purchase a discounted pass. Don’t live near a mountain? We’ll reimburse you the equivalent value of lift tickets for your vacation OR park pass if you want an opportunity to get out in enjoy our other sports instead.
- Lift tickets: Employees and immediate family are eligible to purchase discounted lift tickets to local mountains if you want an opportunity to ride a different mountain.
- Lessons: Free snowboarding lessons for employees and discounted lessons for immediate family
- Flexible schedules: When appropriate Burton encourages you to take a few runs before coming to work or before heading home.
- Department ride days: Do you wanna team build? Get out and ride with your department.
- Employee ride day: This is a great opportunity to get out on the hill with your coworkers and other employees you may not normally have an opportunity to ride with.
- Demo closets: In certain locations Burton employees and family members can borrow current year product at no cost.
- Buddy riding program: The buddy program matches up new riders with more experienced riders.
- Employee Purchase program: Allows you to purchase any combination of product and pay back through payroll deduction.
- Skate ramp/Jib park: Take a break from your day and head out back to check these out.
- Proform: Employees and immediate family members are eligible for significant discounts with partner companies. We have relationships with over 70 companies.
- ….As our front door says “ we close our doors if it snows 2 feet in 24 hours“
We ARE passionate about what we do and try to make working at Burton fun…. We make and sell products that are fun.
- Flex Friday Summer hours: Everyone works hard and we want you to enjoy the short summer. Leave early on Fridays to get a start on your weekend.
- Fruit and coffee in the morning
- Casual dress: jeans, flip flops and t-shirts. No ironing involved here.
- Fireplace and couches. Our offices are a fun place to work
- Dogs are welcome here!!!
- EPIC employee garden
Below are just a few of the favorite Burton events:
- Annual Fall Bash at Jake and Donna’s house
- Kids Halloween party and trick or treating
- Annual holiday party and ride day
- Employee appreciation day
Check out these links to find out more about Burlington and the greater Burlington area communities. View the wide range of activities and scenic beauty offered by Vermont's Lake Champlain Region. Find out why the area has long enjoyed a reputation as a year-round recreational playground and a great place to raise a family.